CPU requirements..

James Gurney james at globalmegacorp.org
Mon Feb 10 19:59:00 EST 2003

Does anyone have the rough CPU requirements guide which was posted on
the EA site back when the Windows server was released? Can anyone say if
the cpu requirements are roughly equivalent for the Linux server? (I'd
assume so)..

Finally, the main question.. is anyone out there running a 64 player
server and can comment on the amount of horsepower required to do this?
I'm looking at putting together a 64 player server, and the cpu
requirements weigh heavily on the cpu purchasing price. For example, if
an Athlon 2000+ is sufficient, we're looking at $100, but if we want to
go up to the 333MHz FSB, we're looking at the 2600+, which runs to $300.

Any input on this would be appreciated.

James