[bf1942] Real world bandwidth use stats

charles "wokka" goldsmith wokka at justfamily.org
Wed Feb 5 13:51:27 EST 2003

Hiya James... don't have mrtg graphs, but I do have usage stats from
uunet, the provider of the frac t1.

for one week of the bf server nightly
         Output 95th Percentile: 142.3 kbps
         Input 99th Percentile: 431.8 kbps
its normally Input < 128k

This is a full t1 with 16 player max and its been full every night that
its been up.  Oh yeah, each client is limited to 256k connection.

So the usage jumped up about 300% it seems.  Possibly web traffic, but
highly unlikely.

Hope this helps