[bf1942] sortof OT: Grey rectangle in client

Lee Latham leeprivate at cgmlarson.com
Wed Dec 31 16:38:47 EST 2003

Miguel, any idea what specific file could be at play?  I tried to do as you
describe, but it is either too late or something else.  I notice that the
grey box is where the grey box usually is when you enter an empty server,
and says "number of players needed before game starts".

Interestingly, when I do that it is now a blank grey box with no text.  I
tried that out hoping that once someone entered the game it might receive a
signal to go away--no joy.

:(

Everyone have a great New Year's!

Lee
At 04:00 PM 12/29/2003 +1100, you wrote:
>Miguel Filho wrote:
>
>>Oh, an ati user, i was thinking that this was a nvidia problem,
>>so the problem  is with the game it self.
>>

>>wokka at justfamily.org wrote:
>>
>>>Is it in middle of screen?  I had this problem with the catalyst 3.9
>>>drivers...
>>>
>>>then, i downgraded to 3.7 and it fixed it... i have since went to 3.10 and
>>>it hasn't returned...
>>>
>>>p4 with ati 9800pro

>I've found the grey box bug to be connected with user setting files
>getting interfered with by an installed mod. Might be worthwhile listing
>the user setting files by date and seeing if any were replaced or added at
>the time of a mod installation. I keep a backup of my 'good' settings
>before I install any mods. This always solves the grey box problem for me
>if it starts showing up.

Lee M. Latham
Vice Field Marshall Admiral Imperator Generalissimo of Sales and Support
(muy importante)
+1 (713) 977-4177 x.103
lee at cgmlarson.com