[bf1942] Punkbuster confirmed for 1.6

Steven Hartland killing at barrysworld.com
Fri Dec 5 08:47:10 EST 2003

How UT works is that in the config you define a redirect server. If the client
/ server chat identifies a file which the server has but the client doesn't
it tells the client such and hands it the details of the redirect server. The
client then downloads the file from the redirect using standard http.
Additionally UT has a compress option this is also passed to the client
if set and it will try to download the compressed version of the file which
is a lot smaller.
An addition that I believe will make UT2k4 is the ability to specify multiple
redirect servers so if one fails it can use another.

    Steve / K