[bf1942] Punkbuster confirmed for 1.6

g8 at the.whole.net g8 at the.whole.net
Tue Dec 2 10:48:54 EST 2003

PB is the best solution imo.  There is nothing out there, nor can anything
be built AND constantly maintained like PB.  They are a team of people
constantly working to stop cheats which no other publishing house or game
developer can fit under their belt in addition to their regular duties.
Simply put, there is no other effective choice. True, it does create some
minor admin issues but compared to the integrity of the game and people
playing it, 'tis worth it.  Besides, it has worked fairly well for a
number of other games and should do so with BF as well.

Security is indeed a pain in the ass but at what point to you trade
comfort for ownage?

Well done DICE/EA. Thank you for doing something about the problem.

-g8