[bf1942] Linux server status update 2003-04-28

Casey Zacek bfb-bf at bogleg.org
Tue Apr 29 09:49:26 EDT 2003

Scratch Monkey wrote (at Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 04:01:22AM -0700):
> One could take the shared library approach: The server invokes StartLog,
> EndLog, and WriteLogEntry API's in a shared library. A stock library is
> provided that just writes to a file. The admin can plug in his own library
> that does more exotic things.

That's a damn good idea.. that'd allow Andreas to support the logging
like he should, but all the "extra stuff" that we admins want to do
with them would be entirely up to us, and it'd be flexible as all
hell.

--
-- Casey Zacek (Zippo)                  Beer for Breakfast servers
   66.111.111.66:27015 (CS multi-map)     <http://bfb.bogleg.org/>