[bf1942] Linux server status update 2003-04-28

[smISK]BoinK boink at smisk.us
Mon Apr 28 18:29:11 EDT 2003

About the logging. I forbid you to give up the XML option! :-)

Sure, HL got a lot of tools, but parsing those stupid log files, compared to
the options XML gives you no choice.

Writing to XML instead of the "text file" is nothing like re-inventing the
wheel, it's like building a spaceship when all you got was a lousy bike at
the beginning.

I'm sure that whatever option you decide to use will be fine. But XML would
be great.

Ken got a point about the tools, but I think BF would benefit from new and
rewritten tools.

HL-logging is working, and that's about it. With XML, you can't start to use
them more easily.

IMHO

// BoinK