[bf1942] Linux server and problems with objects.

Stewart, John johns at artesyncp.com
Sun Apr 27 16:06:52 EDT 2003

> So basically you ask two questions, both of which with *SOME*
> time ( say
> 2 mins on google/ DC site) you would've/ could've found out yourself.

He spent a lot of time writing a detailed report on what idiosyncracies DC has with Linux server. I think it's useful information, and it might be helpful to the Dice folks in looking for issues.

I'm getting a little sick of the snarkiness on this email list. Despite your complaints, it's NOT all that high-volume, and nearly every email is of use to *someone*.

Of course it is beta software. How does beta software get better? By reporting the bugs to those that can do something about it.

If y'all don't like the traffic on the list, then do something about it, work towards getting a LinuxDed-Announce list up and you won't have to read other traffic. Otherwise, I think most of us condsider this a general Linux bf1942 discussion list, and that email was perfectly on topic.

About the only email that annoys me on here is the constant sniping about "spam". Please just put a sock in it, people, or leave.

johnS