[bf1942] Query protocol

Lars-Erik Stenholm lasse at athega.se
Tue Apr 22 04:35:51 EDT 2003

Hi!

We have also been working with the query protocol for some time with
BF Tracks. It seems that the server leaves "ghost" images of
players in slots higher than numplayers (i.e player_NN).

I'm not completely sure if this is correct but what we do is that
we only "keep" player-id:s lower than numplayers. Our empirical
study shows that this is the correct way to handle the "bug".

Without knowing how the system really works it seems to me that
the server is moving players to lower slots on the fly to keep
them in the "lower-than-numplayers" slots.

Maybe Andreas can acknowledge or clarify this?

So if the server reports numplayers 0 it really means that there
are no players on the server and the guys that are reported are
only cheap digital echoes of real players. :-)

Best regards,
Lasse

P.s Nb, this is not a Linux specific issue.

 BF Tracks Live - Europe, Battlefield 1942 in Numbers
               http://bftracks.net/