Linux server status report 2003-04-14

Fredriksson, Andreas andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Mon Apr 14 04:32:32 EDT 2003

Hi people, here's a status rundown since last week.

- I've been spending time reproducing and verifying the bungee effect
  and other known bugs of the current 1.31 release. This week I will
  focus on trying to reproduce these on our current version with simulated
  conditions. As I've mentioned to people in private communication, we
  are pretty certain that we will fix the bungee effect for the next
release.

- Also this week I will begin compatibility testing of our new binary with
  a few of the popular Linux distributions (I use gentoo myself).

- Road to Rome maps work as expected now.

- Before the weekend we had a big LAN playtest here at the office of both
  the win32 and linux dedicated servers and they behaved identically as far
  as everyone involved could tell--a good sign. Performance of the linux
  server binary was pretty amazing: about 1%user+0.5%sys CPU load for 17
clients
  (2100 AMD running a conquest map).

In other news, the second snow wave here in Sweden is finally melting away
with
happy faces as a result. :-)

Regards,
Andreas