[bf1942] Console

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Thu Apr 10 20:53:28 EDT 2003

--On Friday, April 11, 2003 10:39 AM +1000 David Harrison
<trogspam at games.telstra.com> wrote:

> I'd rather see a simple stateless rcon-type protocol, personally -
> presumably easier to implement, more flexible for the end user, and easier
> to code third-party management systems around.

I'm not attached to any particular protocol. It should be simple to implement
and able to control the same things one can through config files or the
in-game console.

I threw out the web server suggestion only because it may already be available
in a form that one just "plugs in" to one's application, eliminating some
development overhead.

I'm not familiar with rcon. Can it be driven from a telnet session? That has
the virtue of making it easy to debug.