[bf1942] Linux server status report 2003-04-09

Fredriksson, Andreas andreas.fredriksson at dice.se
Thu Apr 10 10:06:37 EDT 2003

Karl-Petter,

I'm completely aware what the linux emulation does and how it works
under FreeBSD.

Our current problem is with a dynamically linked binary under any operating
system since we are using the very latest GCC and the std C++ libraries
that accompany it. I'd say most current Linux installations couldn't run
our binary dynamically linked because of this since they are using
older C++ library installations.

This is why we are probably going for static linkage for the next release.

If this doesn't work on FreeBSD it isn't really a problem for us since we
are
developing a Linux server binary firsthand--but as I said earlier, time
permitting
we could provide the corresponding FreeBSD binary in the future.

Regards,
Andreas