[bf1942] Linux server status report 2003-04-09

Karl-Petter Åkesson karl-petter at home.se
Thu Apr 10 07:52:46 EDT 2003

Hi Andreas an everyone else,

I think you maybe missunderstood Sam Evans question. In FreeBSD there
exists a package
(http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/emulators/linux_base/pkg-descr)
that let you run Linux binaries directly on your FreeBSD machine. It's
quite common for people to do. I've run the BF linux dedicated server
for some time on my FreeBSD machine for instance. I'm also aware of that
statically linked libraries can cause problems for us FreeBSD user when
we try to run Linux binaries. For instance look at the latest version of
TeamSpeak
(http://www.teamspeak.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=d24767f46a633767982ab70319af5778&forumid=46)
where the statically linked libraries caused a lot of problems for
FreeBSD people. I do not know the exact nature of these problems since I
did not dig into it myself but I believe you can find more about it on
that forum.

/Kalle