[bf1942] Linux server status report 2003-04-09

Nephar nephar at skullz.net
Wed Apr 9 11:25:32 EDT 2003

Guys, you are obviously not developers or are familiar with the
development process.  If they start coding for 1.31 fixes it will delay
the 1.4 release.  Then they will have to start coding for 1.4 fixes on
the Linux server.  It will be a never ending process.  DICE has it
right.  With the code working for both Windows and Linux in the same
code base, all future servers will be released at the same time!  We
will get to update our servers the same day that the clients can
download their updates.

Ryan did a great job and his work got DICE's attention and made them
realize the usefulness of providing a Linux release.  But now that it is
in the hands of DICE, we (the Linux community) will receive the same
release dates and attention as the win32 world.

Andreas, I just wanted you to know that there are many of us that
understand the politics and procedures of the development process and we
are glad to know that the Linux release of BF is under that umbrella
rather than pushed aside as an after thought.  Take your time!!  Get it
right!!  We'll be here when you're done.

Nephar