Why Linux?

Nephar nephar at skullz.net
Mon Apr 7 14:27:42 EDT 2003

We understand that this is a beta build but we would also like EA (and
all developers) to know that with a full release of BF1942 for Linux
will come a FLOOD of active game servers.  I'm willing to bet that the
number of public server will double if not triple.  This will in turn
generate more publicity for the game and grow the community drastically.
The reason for this is simple... MONEY!  It cost roughly 3 times more to
host a Windows server with the bandwidth required to support BF than it
does with Linux.  It's real easy to find cheap Linux hosts that will
give you a LOAD of bandwidth for cheap.

While it is possible to host a decent Half-Life server at home on your
DSL or Cable connection, this is just impossible for a BF server.  So,
until BF gets a production Linux server working, it will never stand a
chance to compete with CS.  And I feel that once BF does get a
production Linux server published, BF will rival CS in popularity and
equal its success in longevity.

Eagerly waiting the production build,

Wes Byrd
CIO, Third Wave Host
1 888 578 7865
www.thirdwavehost.com

Third Wave Host, Evolve your web presence!