[bf1942] Where will new releases be announced?

Tom Talmage tom.talmage at high-velocity.ltd.net
Mon Apr 7 04:23:05 EDT 2003

yes he did and he does have a point

-----Original Message-----
From: RookieWan [mailto:rookiewan at cistron.nl]
Sent: 07 April 2003 09:05
To: bf1942 at icculus.org
Subject: Re: [bf1942] Where will new releases be announced?

Niels van Rooij (Pimp Jr.) wrote:

>Hey,
>
>Since this list is full of 'crap' like DC 0.3 (I mean, who gives a damn
>about some Alpha mod if you can't even run a Linux server properly yet) and
>has nothing to do with the Linux server anymore I was wondering if there
was
>a place I could regularly check for updates. That way I can unsubscribe
>without having to worry about missing a release. Perhaps DICE would be
>willing to make a simple 'Server status/download' page?
>
>Regards,
>
>Niels

I'll be unsubscribing within a day after this message. It seems this
list isnt about the linux dedicated server DEVELOPEMENT any more, but
rather a FAQ. I hope the current developers can setup an announcement
list to give us an status update like DICE did recently and also
announce new releases. It will hamper developement if the serious Linux
users and admins can't discuss along about issues with the linux server,
but so be it.

Regards,

Edwin

|This e-mail has been Virus and Spam checked                 |
|by High Velocity Networks                                   |
|using AntiVir for Linux                                     |
|http://www.high-velocity.ltd.net                            |
|Broadband UK                                                |
|http://www.ukdsl.net                                        |