[bf1942] Minimizing Bungee effect?

Anton Jansen gradius at fmf.nl
Wed Apr 2 04:33:51 EST 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Apr 2003, Mike Esler wrote:

> Has anyone been able to reduce this bungee effect?

There isn't much you can do about it. What a little bit seems to help is
setting a relative short timelimit on the map. The bungee effect seems to
grow larger over time. The effect is also somewhat related to the number
of people on the server, but as soon as more then 4 people join you are in
trouble.

> I'm hosting a BF Lan at my house in the 12th, and I'd REALLY like to let
> my dedicated Linux server host it instead of letting a game machine do the
> hosting.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My suggestion would be not to use a linux server host in the first place.
People will get annoyed by the bungee effect and will blame you. Simply
use a windows box instead, or try to use something fancy like wine, if you
really have too much time left ;-)

Kind regards,

Anton Jansen