[bf1942] Linux server status report: 2003-03-31

Paul Richards noxis at clara.net
Tue Apr 1 03:45:16 EST 2003

Is it not possible to add a switch or setting where we can choose the
maximum cpu usage that the server can use on a map change? Or just have a
switch that makes the server use only say 50% of the CPU on a map change, at
least then we have the choice of whether our servers run slower during a map
change... Or it automatically goes to a lower priority and therefore doesnt
effect other processes running....

This is probably a tall order, but alot of people will need to run more than
one BF server on a single CPU system, I would think a solution is definitly
needed.