[bf1942] Linux server status report: 2003-03-31

Christian Wolf cw3hh at t-online.de
Tue Apr 1 02:58:00 EST 2003

Hallo!

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Fredriksson, Andreas wrote:

> - The Linux server is compiled with gcc3 now, and this has uncovered
>   some pretty nasty bugs that were masked out by gcc2/msvc. I'm still
>   sorting out library issues and how we are going to distribute the
>   package. Would a completely static version be acceptable for people
>   with older distributions?

The bf1942_lnxded binary is currently 32 MB in size and already static
(at least this is what ldd tells me). I think it is a good idea to let
the binary static until gcc-3.x becomes standard for most users.

Another question/suggestion: why does the server need a tty (e.g. run
in a screen session)? Would it be possible to make bf1942_lnxded running
from /dev/null (stdin)?

Greetings,
	Chris