[bf1942] Best Version of Linux to run for this test?

jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 31 23:10:25 EST 2002

Bill,

I had that symptom also until I set my game.setServerIP to my public IP.
Now the action is real-time (though I get the occasional stutter)... but it
runs very smooth until large-scale destruction begins.

Also, make sure you've shut down other non-essential processes on the Linux
server.  I had been running "SETI at Home" in the background and it seems to
coexist with the UT2K3 server just fine, but I found that it contributes a
noticeable amount of lag with the BF1942 server.

John