[bf1942] Best Version of Linux to run for this test?

jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net jjohnso1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 31 21:28:53 EST 2002

I suppose for me, even 1 player is not lag free.  I can hop in a B-17, fly
to the enemy base and drop all 8 bombs... if I hit a few vehicles, the
"Connection Warning" message starts popping up, and I lag bigtime.  Anytime
there is a lot of movement & explosions, I get the same result, regardless
of the number of players.

But, I can hop in with a friend or two and not see any serious signs of lag
as long as there isn't mass destruction taking place.

Since the Christmas build, I haven't seen any seg faults.  But I don't keep
the server running 24/7.

I've asked on this list twice now for those that claim 10+ players without
lag to please post their ServerSettings.con.  So far, no one has done so.
If it were April 1st, I'd be somewhat doubtful... ;)

John