[bf1942] Best Version of Linux to run for this test?

Alex santahomer at web.de
Tue Dec 31 10:28:43 EST 2002

do you have the newest update??
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Nolan, Roger (Calgary)
  To: bf1942 at icculus.org
  Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2002 4:28 PM
  Subject: [bf1942] Best Version of Linux to run for this test?

  I have seen quite a few notes going back and forth on the stability of different OS's for this test.

  Some say Freebsd and other RedHat 7.x, others say others.

  Has anyone been tallying up the score on which is most stable at present?

  I use TurboLinux 6.0 (came free with a hardware device of some sort or another) and it seems to crash every map change. I am not around the server to check it frequently but when I do it needs to be run again. Thinking about loading something newer, and would like help on what to choose.

  Cheers

  Roger