[bf1942] Linux Server Lags

Tomas Roos tomas at doppingen.nu
Mon Dec 30 19:08:39 EST 2002

I too have some lag but I haven't been able to make any "hard" tests
with many players online.

My kernel: 2.4.19 SMP (Custom compiled kernel ontop of Mandrake 8.1)
My box: Dual PIII 500Mhz  with 384Megs of RAM SCSI/ATA-disks
I have a DSL line to the outside world 2.5Mbit download and 775kbit/s upload

I managed to get the connection problems less severe by setting the
following parameters in ServerSettings.con
game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 10000
game.ServerMaxAllowedConnectionType CTCable128Kbps

I have no idea if the choke limit is too low .. anyone that can
enlighten me?

At the start I have no or very small problems but sometimes it lags very
much.
The maps I run: Gazala and El_Alamein
The stability is superb though .. Never had any crashes since the last
build.

If you wich to test it is IP: 194.236.31.120 .. default portnumber.
Gamespy seems to work and the name of my server is
"bf1942 dualcpu lnx2.4.19"

I also have an OFP server running but I have not seen any difference in
behavior when I shut that one down. I have tested with a "clean" box and
get the same problems.

Keep up the good work Ryan

Happy New Year to all of you =)
//T