[bf1942] 2nd patch - server prints message thousand times

sittnduck sittnduck at bioclan.com
Mon Dec 30 12:13:40 EST 2002

No,

That bug is not fixed yet. Our linux test box is a 1.2ghz with 1gb of ram
sitting on a T3, with about 13mb of bandwidth allotted, just to see if
bandwidth was the issue. The server lags after 3 players, on the coral sea
map it is unplayable. It has the same issues as the original build with the
delay on every action ingame readily apparent. I play on it from my home
with a T1 directly connected to my T3 and I get the same results as the
other users in our gaming group playing on dsl/cable and even dialup. It
seems to be a base issue with the linux port. We are not crashing however,
and it has remained stable. You can look for yourself on 207.111.170.90.

Not complaining, just laying out the observation.

duck