[bf1942] Linux Server Lags

Heiko G. webmaster at ccnb.de
Sun Dec 29 11:30:41 EST 2002

I have test the settings what you say:
game.ServerBandwidthChokeLimit 128 or 256
game.ServerMaxAllowedConnectionType CTLanT1

It did not become better, if 8 Player on the Server then comes timeout
and connection interrupts.

Just a shot in the dark, here, but do you have the minimum connection
speed set at LAN? If you do, the server will be sending data at huge
rates and cause choppy play. This setting is only useful for actual LAN
servers, or those who will have only internet players with massive
connections (not many). Unfortunately, the default for the Linux server
is LAN, so anyone hosting a server on the internet should set the
minimum connection speed to 128K or 256K settings for better
performance. Just one idea......my server (when its up and full), has
very little lag (after I adjusted this setting and a few others).

-Luke