[bf1942] Can't see linux server

prodigy prodigy at redphive.org
Sat Dec 28 23:53:41 EST 2002

Hello again,

I've been tinkering some more, and I've found more issues with the linux
dedicated server.

My first is that no matter what I do, the server a) never listens on the
right IP, and b) never shows up in the BF1942 in game browser, i'm unable to
add the server, and unable to even browse it.

I am however able to browse it in HLSW if I use "game.serverInternet 0".
I've tried a "1" setting on this var, and then even HLSW can't query it.
I'm not behind any firewall, so i'm wondering if anyone else has seen this?
Is there a way around it?  Is this a known problem?

Cheers,

Prodigy