[bf1942] Telnet client must stay open?

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Sat Dec 28 23:21:35 EST 2002

--On Saturday, December 28, 2002 3:44 AM -0500 Emraith
<emraith at adelphia.net> wrote:

> Hi, I just setup my server on aggressivehosting.net, and the game runs
> great, except I have to keep the telnet connection open, or the server
> shuts down. How should I run the program to keep it running once i
> disconnect?

Check out my scripts:

http://matureasskickers.net/ftp/BF1942/LinuxServer/bf1942-scripts.tar.bz2

These are designed for Red Hat 8, but should work with other distros with
minor rework. They assume that the server tarball was unpacked in ~bf1942
so the executable is /home/bf1942/bf1942-lnxded-1.2beta1/bf1942_lnxded.