AW: [bf1942] Server can't be seen from outside / Port-FW

Lars M. Kröner lars at thunderbolt214th.com
Mon Dec 23 16:46:51 EST 2002

Hi,

I am using a linux router, ip-chains firewall based. I have opened the
following ports to allow gamespy to detect the server which is in the
masqueraded LAN behind my Router. (I hope this meets your specs as well !?)

I have deleted the info for each port a while ago when I made this a
clickable Port-FW on a html/cgi page on my router. The info is from
Gamespy Help-Center and BF-Help Center and their relating BBS´s.
I am sure you can gather some info on them if you like :)

Anyway, if your Firewall/Router/Proxy is slow, e.g. slowing down the ping
For too many milliseconds the master servers at Gamespy / ASE might not
consider your server to be listed at all. In that case, try connecting
DIRECT for one time, straight DSL/Whatever-Conn-You-Have into your server´s
NIC and give it a try.

If you are looking for a superb Linux Router, don’t search any longer,
Give yourself a "fli4l" from the guys from    www.fli4l.de   also in
English. 100% free ( well, RTFM is the price !!! ), this is a thing to be
seen.

Especially the cgi tool for Port-FW is of high value for your problem.
+++ many many more features which this little router can do.
( SMB, PureFTPd, Apache, Vbox, AVM-Capi + Capi_4_LAN, Win32 Control GUI
that doesn’t fear any comparison !.  ++++  ++++   it wont stop listing opts.

YES  I love fli4l  :)))

Here are the ports FYI:

Prot. Src. Dest.

udp 14567 14567
tcp 21000 21000
udp 21000 21000
tcp 21010 21010
tcp 6667 6667
tcp 3783 3783
upd 27900 27900
tcp 28900 28900
tcp 29900 29900
tcp 29901 29901
udp 13139 13139
udp 6515 6515
tcp 6500 6500
udp 22000 22000
udp 23000 23000
udp 23001 23001
udp 23002 23002
udp 23003 23003
udp 23004 23004
udp 23005 23005
udp 23006 23006
udp 23007 23007
udp 23008 23008
udp 23009 23009

BTW, you cant see your OWN server in Gamespy ! You have to ask a friend to
check for you.
I prefer ASE for checking if it runs at all, i.e. LAN based.

Thunderbolt 214th VFS Annihilators