Server can't be seen from outside

rig0r rig0r at phreaker.net
Mon Dec 23 15:29:48 EST 2002

Hi,

This may or may not be a linux server specific question.
I can't get my server to be seen from the internet, I figured maybe
this has something to do with the server configuration. I can connect
to my server on LAN only. My firewall has the right ports opened :

22000
23000-23009
14567-14570
27900
28900

Most of these are for gamespy. I suspect that the server isn't binding
the correct network interface. The relevant server config parts :

game.serverDedicated 1
game.serverInternet 1
game.setServerIP my.external.ip.here
game.setPort 14567

I've also tried leaving ServerIP and Port empty, but that doesn't work
either.

Any ideas ?

Thanks.