[bf1942] is this a normal amount of traffic for a BF server?

Bjoern Krueger bk at dvdboard.de
Thu Dec 19 11:10:59 EST 2002

Quoting Christopher Kunz:

> Well, a fully utilized 24 person public Conquest server draws about
> 2.5mbit/sec, that's around 312 kbyte/sec. that's something around 1.1 GB
> per hour and 26 GB per day, if always full.

That  amount  of  traffic  could  easily ruin  anyone  who  is  paying
per GB transferred.
Ryan,  is there any consideration about reducing the server bandwidth?
I   fear   that   currently   not  many  providers can afford (public)
servers, at least not if they have no traffic flat.
With   a   tremendous  traffic  useage like that, the BF42 server will
never  reach   the  numbers  of  e.g. the Half-life servers (which do,
IIRC, 2 GB _per day_).

Regards
Bjoern