'Engine/WorldObjTemplFx/Emitter.cpp:471' ?

MAO m at r3load.com
Wed Dec 18 06:10:11 EST 2002

Hi,

Lets start with introducing myself.
My name is Magnus Olsson (screen-name; pixelpusher, pX on Quakenet), and
I work as an art director in Stockholm, Sweden. 25yrs old. And a
coffeeaddict.

I grew tired of playing on servers that suddenly switched to Battle of
Midway, resulting in everyone dropping from the game (sucky map). So I
installed the beta-linux server on my .dev server.

After working out a few kinks, I'm a total newb at Linux, such as
untaring the archive, fixing the server.con and other minor stuff, I
fired up my server, everything worked fine. It was listed in ASE and I
jumped in to the game.

After flying around (all alone :)) I started to get a "Connection
Problem" display. And it didnt go away so I quitted after a while and
checked SecureCRT, which outputted;

	STUB: might be important
	{Engine/WorldObjTemplFx/Emitter.cpp:471}.

in what looked like an endless loop. (The entire buffer was filled with
this message.) So I CTRL-C'ed and shut my server down (I hope...).

I suppose that this is what caused the connection problems I experienced?

Have I forgotten to edit some .conf-file, or is this a bug (hopefully
with a workaround)?

//pX