[bf1942] lag etc..

Barry Robison brobison at schismatrix.com
Mon Dec 16 16:53:36 EST 2002

On Mon, Dec 16, 2002 at 02:34:06PM -0800, Brad Davidson wrote:
> It's released so you can test it. Would you rather they just keep it a secret,
> and leave you wondering how it's coming?
>
> BTW, 'Codeguys' = Ryan, and he's working as hard as he can. Lay off.
>
> On Mon, 16 Dec 2002 at 14:35:17, Josip Eremut wrote:
> > i consider this as alpha or early pre-beta, anyway i dont get it why its
> > released, the codeguys should hunt down some major bugs before releasing
> > such unstable soft....

I'd have to say Dice/EA is really showing a lack of commitment to the linux port. Where are the QA testers, a couple machines w/ different distributions for Ryan to test on, etc.

I think Ryan is doing a great job so far, but to say this isn't an alpha port is silly. With a piece of code this complex, how do they expect any one person (Ryan) to be able to handle all aspects of the project?

I'm happy to continue to install the latest version and give it a whirl, Ryan keep up the good work.

Barry Robison - brobison at deimos.org