[bf1942] Lag issue

Christopher Kunz chris at de-punkt.de
Mon Dec 16 03:11:42 EST 2002

Gudmo wrote:

> Although it's generally not felt when moving around ingame there is
> considerable
> lag issue with the linux server.

Ayup. It seems to me (especially with all you guys talking about memory
issues) that the server is leaking incredibly. I also felt that the lag
seems to differ from map to map, but that can be a subjective issue.

I played pretty much half of sunday and it was not really funny.

Especially as I'm usually playing scouts and didn't hit a thing
yesterday. One of my mates who volunteered for testing even emptied a
magazine of his STG-44 point blank into an opponent and didn't hit him.

This is - although not a crash issue - pretty much a showstopper.

But I'm confident that Ryan will track this down. What i'm much more
concerned about is the HUGE bandwidth usage which I'm afraid won't be
fixed as it seems to be a general problem with the BF netcode. Ryan, if
you have 5 minutes of free time, could you explain why the bandwidth
used in BF is so staggering high in comparison to, say, MOH:AA?

--ck

--
php development | hosting |  housing | professional game server hosting
http://www.de-punkt.de   [ chris at de-punkt.de ]    http://www.stormix.de