[bf1942] crashes...just checking...

Brad Davidson kiloman at oatmail.org
Fri Dec 13 03:56:18 EST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 at 23:31:44, Brent Jones wrote:

> If you have a firewall going on the BF server, you need to have 2 ports
> opened.
> port 14567 for game
> and port 23000 for server queries.
> I had the same problem till I opened up port 23000.
> Hope that helps.
>
> Brent Jones
> brentj at servuhome.net

The system has two NICs (it's also my router/web server), and I'm connecting
from the internal network which is straight open. The game server is binding to
0/0, as is the query service, or at least it claims to be in a netstat -na. I
have yet to try connecting from outside.

I suppose I could also try running it on another single-honed BSD box that's on
the network, and try querying that.

-Brad