[bf1942] one to test..

Stuart Craig bigtoad at bigtoad.net
Wed Dec 11 19:12:45 EST 2002

Here's an oddity I noticed on our Utah Freakshow server
(freakshow.xmission.com).  The game creates a ~/.bf1942 directory, and
it creates copies of three of the Settings/*.con files -
AdminSettings.con, maplist.con and ServerSettings.con.  AdminSettings
and ServerSettings are identical to the original, but maplist.con is
not.  Here's the original:

game.addLevel Tobruk
game.addLevel Kharkov
game.addLevel Bocage
game.addLevel Kursk
game.setCurrentLevel Tobruk

Here's the copy:

game.setCurrentLevel
ame.addLevel Kharkov
game.addLevel Bocage
game.addLevel Kursk
game.setCurrentLevel Kharkov

Note the first two lines - they both look corrupted to me.

So far I've only had time to poke at the server while I'm at work, so I
haven't been able to connect as a player - but it will run for one
level, then crash on the first level change.  After that, it segfaults
at the end of initialization every time I start it, possibly because of
the corrupted maplist.con file.

   - Stu

--
Stuart Craig <bigtoad at bigtoad.net>