one to test..

Dan Beimborn bf at beimborn.com
Wed Dec 11 16:53:26 EST 2002

I've got it up again (fresh unpack) at
beimborn.com

running under gdb. I got a stack trace on it before, but I think
that it behaves differently after the first run from what I've
seen.

If I understand correctly, here's the sequence of events:
1) first run, game looks for a config file in path from
   where it's run, then looks for a .bf1942 folder with
   subdirs matching the distro
2) it creates a config file in the .path matching the one
   it's initially run with.
3) from an strace, I see that it's looking for
   home/bf/.bf1942 (...) in a few places, missing a leading
  "/" on the path. I see some file not found errors from that
4) 2nd time it runs, it's getting config from the ~/.bf1942
   location, the config file in the path you untarred it is
   not read (according to strace). My segfaults (no core
   even with "ulimit -c unlimited"!) were coming right after
   a heartbeat message to gamespy

DB