[bf1942] crash updates...

Dan Beimborn bf at beimborn.com
Wed Dec 11 16:36:25 EST 2002

On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> > So, will there be interim releases? I hope we don't have to wait 30 days
> > until this server expires and is released by ea.
> > I say we have weekly builds!
>
> You'll have hourly builds every time I fix something.  :)

Realizing that you're probably contracted to port this rather than make
any changes, any chance you could output debug info like "X killed Y with
Tiger" etc? I've been trying to correlate what goes on in the game with
where the CPU load is higher. There really isn't good info out about
how many plaers a server can support, or *why* so that the tweak monkeys
out there can try to tune for it

As a community thing, that kind of logging would really be great for
posting stats pages etc.

Of course, figuring out why it crashes is probably more important at
the moment :)

DB