[bf1942] Multiple game servers on one host

Scratch Monkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Wed Dec 11 16:51:30 EST 2002

--On Wednesday, December 11, 2002 9:02 PM +0000 Killing
<killing at barrysworld.com> wrote:

> Based on helping to run unrealadmin.org. You'd be supprised how may people
> that catches out especially under linux FreeBSD emulation as some apps
> put themselves under the compat tree others the main tree for the not so
> experianced its a tad confusing.

I've no personal experience with BSD so I'll take your word for it, but I
can imagine the difficulties. I've been using various flavors of Unix since
the 80's, and have gotten good at spelunking through other people's weird
setup, often enough without source. Linux just makes it too easy. :D

> Indeed all good in love and server running. I love the idea of a
> -configdir would make thinks so much more easy. But if we had easy is
> there any point in living :P

Ok, I'm happy. ;)