[bf1942] crashes on connect/mapchange...

Chris Faulhaber jedgar at fxp.org
Wed Dec 11 09:34:52 EST 2002

On Wed, Dec 11, 2002 at 02:18:32PM -0000, Killing wrote:
> Hmm strange mail client that sends as attachments :(

That would be mutt when PGP-signing messages; I'll try
not signing and see if this is inline.

> I'm currently running 7.1 emulations on 4.7.

The 6.1 port dies whenever a player connects, guess I'll try
7.1 now.

> Would be great if we could get some native ports of
> all the common games. I think Nik did make some
> enquiries at some point but not sure.

I'd be willing to put forth some effort (programming or otherwise)
if EA/DICE/etc would be willing to allow another (perhaps unsupported)
port to be released.

In the mean time...  Due to problems with both the 6.1 and 7.1
linux_base ports with various applications (Netscape 7 vs. java,
etc), I've been meaning to put together a port with libraries
that work well with most applications (perhaps Redhat 8.0 or
Debian 3.0).  Depending on the feedback here on which distros
Just Work[tm]

--
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar at fxp.org - jedgar at FreeBSD.org