[bf1942] Does somenone have a working server ?

Toska bf at nonreality.net
Wed Dec 11 09:16:02 EST 2002

Hi all,

I tried it on two Linux servers:

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 8
model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)
stepping        : 3
cpu MHz         : 664.528
cache size      : 256 KB

Memory: 512 MB

OS: SuSE 8.0

No success. The server starts, but I'm unable to connect.

The second box is a Sun Cobalt RaQ550:

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 11
model name      : Intel(R) Pentium(R) III CPU family      1266MHz
stepping        : 1
cpu MHz         : 1266.347
cache size      : 512 KB

Memory: 512 MB

OS: Sun Cobalt Linux 7.0, Kernel 2.4.16C12_V

After chowning the files and folders to be owned by root I was able to connect
to server for some playing. Tested it for 20 minutes with two players. After
a mapchange from the console the game froze.

--

Ciao,

Toska