My server has run but

Gvendur kain at fortress.is
Wed Dec 11 08:30:27 EST 2002

I haven't seen anyone connect yet

Although the server runs fine and has for over 16 hours, but I didn't have
time
to connect to it last night as I was busy with something else.

There were few things I did before running the server.

First I changed the ownership for my ServerSettings.con file to root and
gave
the user running the BF1942 server read-only rights to it. Any other way and
the
server would crash and overwrite the settings file making it unreadable to
the server.

Second is my startup script... Here is it.

#!/bin/sh
dir="/usr/games/Servers/BF1942"
logfile=$dir"/autostart_bf.log"
while : ; do
echo "Running BattleField 1942 Server"
start=`date '+%d%H%M%S'`
echo "Server Started: `date`" >> $logfile
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$dir:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
cd $dir
./bf1942_lnxded +game BF1942 +restart 1 +dedicated 1 +reconnectPassword 7448
+reconnectSlots 0 +config  ServerSettings.con
stop=`date '+%d%H%M%S'`
echo "Server Stopped: `date`" >> $logfile
t=`expr $stop - $start`
if test 0 -le $t -a $t -lt 5 ; then
failcount=`expr $failcount + 1`
else
failcount=0
fi
if test $failcount -gt 5 ; then
echo "EXITING DUE TO REPEATED, FREQUENT FAILURES" >&2
exit 1
fi
sleep 10
done

If anyone wants to check this server out it's at 193.4.195.25:23000

Gudmo