[bf1942] crashes on connect/mapchange...

Ryan C. Gordon icculus at clutteredmind.org
Tue Dec 10 17:26:00 EST 2002

> Is it okay that the three processes use 72Mbytes of memory each before
> any client is connected ? that seems huge for me. It also seems huge
> for me a 40Mbytes executable, how many lines of code did you produce ?
> 50 millions ? (please dont tell me you store ressources in your linux
> binary :p)

All three threads share that data pool, so it's not 72 times three.

As for the executable size: welcome to the wonderful world of the Standard
Template Library. Be thankful I stripped the debugging symbols, or you'd
be complaining about a 380 megabyte binary...that's not a typo, btw.

STL programs always seem to be massive in comparison to other
programs...dunno if it's a matter of overly-aggressive inlining by gcc or
what.

--ryan.