[armyops] hi

anna grasshopper at riseup.net
Mon May 7 12:33:40 EDT 2007

Hi again,

thank you for your responses.  After I sent my post I tried a couple
more times and now I'm not getting the error messages I was getting
before.  Basically the errors were along the lines of "the file is
corrupted or you do not have permission to [access] the file...check
the permissions".  Perhaps the download was just corrupted the first 2
times I tried saving it??

This morning I tried again, by running the script:  armyops250-linux.run

It seemed to be working okay when I left - I will have to check my
machine when I get home from work in a few hours.  if I do get any
other error messages I will inquire.

It's encouraging to hear that v2.5 is working out well for other linux
folks.  Hate to sound hard-core about it, but I'm a recovering windows
user and would like to keep my system free of dual boots!!  lol.  I am
certainly tempted, though, considering how many games I *can't* play
on dapper.

Thanks,
Anna