[armyops] AA, ATI Radeon 7500 and graphics problem

jerzy szczudłowski jerzy at jedwab.net.pl
Wed Feb 4 08:06:03 EST 2004

Paweł Mączewski wrote:
> > (and
> > everything above is still poorly supported - if compared to Windows
> > drivers).  "True" Linux gamers shoud stick to NVidia (or, in extreme
>
> well, I don't know why, but I'd prefer ATIs. Am I wrong?

ATI is good when comes to share documentation with Open Source
community. They won't show all but it's still far better than nothing
from NVidia. Gamers don't care for that - they do care for speed.
Although high-end-bug-bucks ATI cards outperform NVidia ones, they do
that under Windows. For Linux - maybe next year :( OK, enough sour.
I had good time playing AAO 1.7 on mentioned Radeon 9000 (which is not
much faster than 7500) and ATI binary drivers. But like I said, haven't
*really* try to play 2.0 and AFAIK a lot has changed :)