[armyops] Correct full working Openal

Dana Olson dana at mandrakeusers.org
Wed May 21 01:55:20 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-05-21 at 01:49, Artur Bać wrote:
> I DONT USE SUCH CRAP LIKE ALSA BECOUSE IS UNNECESERY FOR ME
> I have OSS EMU10K1 and it is working perfectly for everything

Sucks for you that ALSA is becoming the new standard in the next major
kernel release, and OSS is being phased out. ALSA is the future, whether
you or I like it or not. It is actually not as bad as you say it is, you
just need to know how to configure it properly. I used to say the same
things until someone sat down with me on IRC and told me what settings
to tweak to get it to sound better.

> It doesnt matter that arts is software mixer or anything for me.
> I got enouh fast cpu for game & arts.
> If someone want alasa can use also. ...

...ok then, if you say so. You're obviously an audio expert since about
50% of this mailing list is you bitching about it.