[armyops] New OpenGLDrv.so for ATI hardware...

Zinx Verituse zinx at epicsol.org
Fri May 9 17:55:50 EDT 2003

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 08:55:47AM -0400, Ryan C. Gordon wrote:

> http://icculus.org/betas/armyops/OpenGLDrv.so.bz2
>
> There was a mismerge bug that would affect the ATI vertex_array_object
> codepath...might be an explanation for the memory corruption ATI users see
> at program end. Not sure if that GL extension is even exposed under Linux,
> but if someone using the ATI closed source drivers could test this, I'd
> appreciate it.
>
> --ryan.

Testing shows the segfault on end still occurs..

ATI_vertex_array_object is exposed.. I've heard someone has
vertex_buffer_object exposed too, but I haven't seen it here :/

related extensions supported by fglrx 2.9.8 for XFree86 4.2.x:
GL_ATI_element_array
GL_ATI_map_object_buffer
GL_ATI_vertex_array_object
GL_ATI_vertex_attrib_array_object