archives, ezmlm vs Mailman (was: WELCOME to armyops at icculus.org)

ScratchMonkey ScratchMonkey at SewingWitch.com
Mon Dec 22 14:22:57 EST 2003

--On Monday, December 22, 2003 11:31 AM -0700 Sam Noble <samn at peoplepc.com>
wrote:

> Well, there is no WWW archive, but you can always get old mail through
> ezmlm commands.

Why does icculus run ezmlm instead of the latest Mailman, which *does* have
web-based archives? I run a Mailman server over at
http://matureasskickers.net/mailman/ to support a couple of lists and it's
pretty easy to drive and fairly powerful. (I should upgrade it, as I hear
the most recent version has yet more nice features.)

> To get messages 123 through 145 (a maximum of 100 per request), mail:
>    <armyops-get.123_145 at icculus.org>

How would one know the total range of messages? Do all messages from one
request come in one email or as distinct messages? Which header tells me
the number of my message?