[armyops] AAO doesnt open

Peter Bonivart peter at ucgbook.com
Tue Dec 9 17:36:28 EST 2003

> i am using aao for linux 2.0

I got that the second after I pressed the send button - sorry.

> i am using mandrake 9.2 with a radeon 7000 64meg.  The game opened once
> and the pics were just a bunch of polygons.
 > ill do the terminal thing and see what happens

Are you sure you have hardware acceleration? I also run Mandrake 9.2
with a Radeon 9700 and I eagerly awaited 9.2 that was supposed to
include the drivers from ATI but it didn't work, I had no hw
acceleration. I had to download the drivers from ATI:s site and this
time they worked because they had updated them for XFree 4.3, before the
install wouldn't even run.

You have Tux installed, right? If that runs extremely choppy your
drivers are 2D only. Try Tux and post again.