[armyops] Horrible spund quality

Artur Bać arturbac at o2.pl
Sun Apr 27 11:57:09 EDT 2003

On Sunday 27 of April 2003 17:43, you wrote:
> > That quality of sound is FINE ?
> > Have ever heard this game with SBlive 5.1 on windows ?
> > I think no ...
>
> No, I have not tested Armyops under Windows.

> > 1. Quality is poor , noisy sound etc.
>
> Nope I don't get any noisy sound or poort quality under Linux and our
> commercial OSS drivers. Digitized audio will sound the same on Linux as it
> does on Windows.

It does on freedrivers and UT2003 but not with AAO under linux

> > 2. I hear "Frag out" schouts , gun fire even if someone is on the other
> > end of map and i schlould hear that
>
> I've not gotten that far ---- I'm barely on stage two! :)
>
> > 3. EAX dont work at all , i dont known the direction of schouts , gun
> > fire etc.
> EAX is Windows stuff....it doesn't work under Linux.

Pretty bad without EAX this game doesn't have sense for me :(
Sound location of direction of enemy is 80% of succes in fight.
1.st thing that not allows to use Linux AAO for me

> >>For added effect with SBLive, you really need to turn up equalizers in
> >>ossxmix (also sounds great if you have virtual mixer pro).
> >
> > Could you expalin little more what equalizers ?
> > Is KMix from kdedesktop enough ?
> > And what to turn on ?

> You use our ossxmix program which comes with our OSS drivers.
> If you are using free drivers, you don't get these features.
> For a free trial version, get it from http://www.opensound.com/download.cgi
Oh i understand I have to pay for drivers ...
Pretty bad , again becouse i not used to pay for drivers.

This is 2.nd thing that not allows to use Linux AAO for me

I've payd for sound card I think you schould talk with Creative to pay you for
your work  ...