[armyops] Horrible spund quality

Artur Bać arturbac at o2.pl
Sun Apr 27 08:03:05 EDT 2003

> So far
> AA works fine with SBLive/Audigy/Audigy2 and most of our OSS drivers with
> the Virtual Mixer.

Fine ?
That quality of sound is FINE ?
Have ever heard this game with SBlive 5.1 on windows ?
I think no ...
Again this game has so poor quality of sound so people will have to run
Windows version of game to fight with other clans, wars becouse of:

1. Quality is poor , noisy sound etc.
2. I hear "Frag out" schouts , gun fire even if someone is on the other end of
map and i schlould hear that
3. EAX dont work at all , i dont known the direction of schouts , gun fire
etc.
EAX & high quality sound is one of the most important things in this game.

> For added effect with SBLive, you really need to turn up equalizers in
> ossxmix (also sounds great if you have virtual mixer pro).

Could you expalin little more what equalizers ?
Is KMix from kdedesktop enough ?
And what to turn on ?

And openal.so from 4Front Technologies didnt change anythig ....

[Majestic]Szwagier